Zarah Amira Rashid
The designer planning on going global in 2016
© ITP Images
• Launching my online clothing and accessories store, has by far been my biggest achievement in 2015. I’ve participated in popular pop-up events all over Dubai and Abu Dhabi, and have had major Middle Eastern influencers proudly wear my brand.
• To create and run a business that not only dresses women beautifully, but makes them feel confident and inspired is not just a job, it’s my life.
• I’ve learned not to take anything to heart. People can be opinionated and unintentionally put you down, so be
the strongest person you can be and
• I believe nothing comes easily. When I started out, I knew it would be difficult but nothing prepares you for just how difficult it can be. I also don’t believe in regret. Everything happens for a reason, and I think to myself, if I had done things differently, I may not have ended up where I am today.
• Malala Yousafzai, a Pakistani activist for female education and the youngest-ever Nobel Prize laureate, is an inspiration to all young women. Regardless of the tough trials she has encountered, she continues to speak her mind and fight for what she believes in. Her passion is admirable and achievements well deserved.
• I’ve got quite the list of goals to accomplish this year, the first of which is to expand internationally. My main focus until now was establishing the brand in the Middle East, but since receiving global attention, international prospects are on the horizon. I also wish to become more established on social media, as this will allow me to engage with, inspire and encourage more people through the art of style