1.6kg whole chicken
1L coconut milk (buy coconut powder and follow packet instructions)
200g basmati rice
2 garlic cloves
100ml sunflower oil
1L chicken stock
3 cinnamon sticks
Pineapple chutney as an accompaniment
Salt and pepper, to taste
Coriander or parsley, to garnish
1. Cut the chicken into pieces.
2. Peel and chop garlic and onions and fry in a pan. Add the chicken and brown, adding the spices, salt, pepper, herbs and chicken stock – allow to cook for 10 minutes.
3. In the meantime, cook the rice adding most of the coconut milk and then the cinnamon.
4. Add the remaining coconut milk to the chicken and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
5. Serve with the rice and some pineapple chutney. Garnish with fresh coriander or parsley.