Good news for those applying for residence visas or entry permits for the UAE!
Now, all applications can be completed online, as the Ministry of Interior has introduced E-Channels, a new system that allows nationals and residents to complete some visa procedures online.
With the launch of the new system, there is no longer a need to visit visa centres. Instead, applicants can register at echannels.moi.gov.ae and select the services required.
Who is it for
- GCC citizens and residents can apply for visas, follow up on applications and print visas.
- Companies can submit applications without having to visit General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs centres.
- Emiratis can apply to sponsor individuals
- Residents can apply for new visas, or renew or cancel them
- GCC nationals can apply to sponsor individuals
- GCC residents can apply for new visa permit
- Visitors can apply for new visa permit.
How it works
- Nationals and residents have to register at echannels.moi.gov.ae
- An email address and password is required to set up an account and log into the system
- Once registratio is complete, applicats can begin using E-Channels services.
How long it takes
According to the estimates of e-transaction experts, the ministry said that a transaction should not take longer than 10 minutes, depending on the speed of data entry by the applicant.