You can now apply for a UAE visa from the comfort of your own home
Good news for those applying for residence visas or entry permits for the UAE!
Now, all applications can be completed online, as the Ministry of Interior has introduced E-Channels, a new system that allows nationals and residents to complete some visa procedures online.
With the launch of the new system, there is no longer a need to visit visa centres. Instead, applicants can register at echannels.moi.gov.ae and select the services required.
Who is it for
- GCC citizens and residents can apply for visas, follow up on applications and print visas.
- Companies can submit applications without having to visit General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs centres.
- Emiratis can apply to sponsor individuals
- Residents can apply for new visas, or renew or cancel them
- GCC nationals can apply to sponsor individuals
- GCC residents can apply for new visa permit
- Visitors can apply for new visa permit.
How it works
- Nationals and residents have to register at echannels.moi.gov.ae
- An email address and password is required to set up an account and log into the system
- Once registratio is complete, applicats can begin using E-Channels services.
How long it takes
According to the estimates of e-transaction experts, the ministry said that a transaction should not take longer than 10 minutes, depending on the speed of data entry by the applicant.