White Chocolate Semolina with Saffron and Cardamom Kulfi
½ tsp saffron strands
Pinch of cardamom powder
600ml full fat milk
300ml double cream
6 tbsp whipping cream
(whipped to soft peaks)
1. Pour the milk and double cream into a heavy- based pan. Add the saffron strands and bring it to boil.
2. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring constantly to prevent sticking, until the mixture has reduced to a third of its original volume.
3. Stir in the remaining sugar and cardamom powder.
4. Leave to cool and then chill (this mixture is known as rabdi in India and is generally eaten on its own or with Alphonso mangoes).
5. Mix the rabdi with whipping cream and pour it into a mould shape cone. Put the mould to the freezer and leave it to freeze.
White Chocolate Semolina
2 tbsp semolina
2 tbsp ghee
30g white chocolate
250ml warm water
1. Put the semolina in a frying pan and dry-roast over a moderate heat until it is very lightly coloured.
2. Stir in the ghee and cook for 2 minutes, then add the warm water and cook until it has been absorbed by the semolina.
3. Add the white chocolate and cook, stirring until the mixture has thickened enough to leave the sides of the pan.
INFO: This recipe was provided courtesy of Indego by Vineet. Vineet is open 7pm to midnight, Thursdays until 1am; Grosvenor House, Lobby Level, Tower One, 04 399 8888, ghresbook@lrm-gh-dubai, www.grosvenorhouse-dubai.com.