White Chocolate Cheesecake
365g white chocolate
500g cream cheese
1.5g vanilla essence
200g strawberries, tops removed and cut into quarters
150g digestive biscuits
1. Melt the white chocolate in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, then remove from the heat.
2. Beat the cream cheese until smooth, add sugar, salt and vanilla essence.
3. Boil the milk and add to the melted white chocolate stirring continuously.
4. Add the chocolate mixture into the cream cheese mixture.
5. Whisk the eggs and stir into the chocolate and cream cheese mixture.
6. For the base, melt the butter, crush the biscuits to fine crumbs and mix with the butter to a smooth paste.
7. Take a 9 inch round cake tin and grease the base and side, then line the base evenly with the biscuit mixture.
8. Pour the cheesecake mixture into the mould.
9. Bake in double boiler in the oven at 150C for approx. 40 minutes.
9. Let the cheesecake cool down for 2 hours.
10. For the cheesecake top, cut 200g of strawberries in quarters and marinade with sugar syrup.
INFO: The Market Café, Grand Hyatt Dubai, www.dubai.grand.hyatt.com. Priti Malik is a senior presenter on the Kris Fade show at Virgin Radio, www.virginradiodubai.com.