What's in Your Wardrobe?
Having just released her latest single, Carry Me, and completed her first tour of the Middle East, we caught up with Nadia during her 48-hour stopover in Doha just before she performed at W Hotel’s Crystal Lounge. Despite having travelled all the way from New York the previous day, she looked absolutely amazing – her hair was perfect, her skin was glowing and she looked as stylish as she always does – not easy to achieve when you’re flying all around the world and living out of a suitcase! Luckily, she was prepared to share some of her top tips for packing and travelling to help you avoid that crumpled, jet-lagged look.
• Always lay your clothes out on the bed before you put them in the suitcase, that way you can put outfits together in your mind and not overpack.
• Roll all your clothes up military style to save space and keep creases at bay.
• Stuff your socks right into the toes of your shoes – they’ll keep their shape that way.
• Don’t pack too much and think carefully about what you’re taking before you put it in the suitcase. Once it goes in the case, it doesn’t come out again.
• Always pack a pair of your fave jeans. A pair of jeans can be the staple piece to create so many looks, casual or smart.
• A pair of big black sunglasses is a must wherever you’re going – they can hide a multitude of sins including dark circles and eyes without makeup.
1 Never wear heels to travel in – it’s not much fun walking through huge airports in heels. I wear comfy knee-high boots, which also help when it gets cold on the plane.
2 Layer up! They always turn the AC right up on planes so wear plenty of layers, including a scarf, which you can put on your head if needs be.
3 Try to just take carry-on luggage with you. This trip I am away for four weeks so that hasn’t been possible, but usually I just have hand luggage.
4 If you can help it, never travel alone. It gets so lonely when you’re far away from home, experiencing all these amazing places by yourself.
5 Don’t wear any makeup on the plane, it dries out your skin.
6 Always keep a pot of moisturiser and eye cream in your hand luggage.
Want to tell us what’s in your wardrobe? Email AhlanQatarEditor@itp.com with a picture of yourself and 50 words on your personal style and you could feature here.