Want to make some extra money in the UAE?

A guide for expats who wish to work on a part-time basis in the country
ByRisha UnnikrishnanWednesday , 12 July 2017
Want to make some extra money in the UAE?

Earning extra cash is never a bad thing, right? Ex-pats can actually work on a part-time basis with a different employer, as well as their regular job in the UAE.

The Ministry of Human Resources & Emiratisation allows you to pick up a part-time job by obtaining a work permit.

Who can apply for a part-time work permit?

  • Employees registered at the Ministry who hold valid labour cards.
  • People who meet the conditions to be granted work permits based on the residency of their families.
  • Students over 18 years of age.
  • Government employees.
  • The permits may not be issued to a non-national employee who is over 65 years of age.

The part-time work permit is valid for one year and must be renewed after the completion of the same.

What are the documents required for the work permit?

  • Valid passport and visa copy
  • One passport size photograph with white background
  • NOC from your existing full-time employer
  • Copy of your labour card / Emirates ID / labour contract
  • Labour Establishment card for both companies (if applicable)
  • Passport copy of the Sponsor (If you are sponsored by your husband or father)

What is the procedure of applying for a part-time permit?

Once all your documents are in place, the prospective part-time employer has to submit them through Tas’heel Service Centre.

The part-time company has to submit the documents and make the following payment:

  • Application fees of Dhs153
  • Part-time labour card fees of Dhs553

WARNING: As the law states, the most important documents for procuring your part-time work permit is a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from your existing employer.

Related Articles

They are being live-tested in the city
Fiesta De Los Muertos has added the singer to the festival line-up
Employee stole valuables and cash from luggage
Q2 of 2017 recorded a 3 percent average downward slope
Residents can now apply a darker tint to their vehicles