The first Emirati astronaut, Hazza Al Mansouri has arrived safely at the International Space Station and the people in the UAE couldn't be more excited.
After eight hours after a historic blast off from Earth, Hazza appeared live on camera, glowing with pride and greets the world with a 'salaam alaikum' from ISS.
"The Earth is beautiful from this place. It is small but I can see a small part of it."
Hazza Al Mansouri is expected to return on October 3.
If you want to keep up with Hazza Al Mansouri during his eight-day expedition, follow his schedule below and set a reminder on your phone.
(TIme is set in UAE standard time).
- He will be conducting a series of a scientific analysis in relation to space today and will take part in a brief radio call at 11:33pm, so stay tuned to hear about his first day.
- Tomorrow Hazza will observe the microgravity perception and do a live session 2.30pm.
- September 28 - A procedure followed by cadiovascular will be conducted to gain more insight on understanding cardiology and stress on the body in space.
- September 29 - Al Mansouri will give a live tour of the ISS & a live chat session at 2.40pm with hope in educating Arab youths, who look up to him worldwide.
- September 30 - Further observations will be conducted with a live session at 4.15pm.
- October 1 - An examination will be carried out on fluids in space & Haza will participate in a live session with the youth.
- October 2 - Final exploration and preparations to be completed for the Soyuz craft before the return to Earth.
- October 3 - Major Hazza Al Mansouri to return to Earth, landing at one of three sites in Kazakhstan at 11.34pm.