Turkey Bubble & Squeak
Vegetables (savoy cabbage, potatoes, carrots and sprouts)
A good amount of potatoes (if roasted or whole, then cut up to bite size for easy combining)
1 medium onion, sliced
1 leek sliced
Turkey bacon (optional)
Sunflower or olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Take a large, heavy-bottomed frying pan and put in a good glug of oil.
2. Add your raw chopped onion and leek and sauté until soft.
3. Add your chopped cooked vegetables and turkey and heat through. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add the mashed or chopped potatoes and combine all together.
5. Once it’s mixed through, press it down in the pan and move the pan around on the heat so it browns evenly on the bottom.
6. Next, pop it under the grill until it’s nice and brown and crispy on top.
7. You can either turn it out onto a big plate and cut into it like a big pie, or take the pan and put it on a heatproof mat and scoop out from the pan directly. Serve with a side of peas or baked beans and a dollop of mustard.