Estee Lauder's Global Premiere Make-Up Artist Blair Pattinson stopped by Dubai and chatted with Ahlan! Live and we demanded to know his inside secrets. Here are his top tips:
1. Use eyeliner as a shadow. It’s a popular trend in New York for creating the smokey eye.
2. Press eye shadow into the base, don’t brush it.
3. Lay eye colours in a vertical tri-base to get the professional look.
4. Use a base to hold eye-shadow in place.
5. Use blush only on the apples of the cheek.
6. Use bronzer to contour the face.
7. Squeeze your hand into a fist very tight for five seconds, release. That colour in the middle of your palm is your natural colour.
8. Apply lipstick backwards to make it last. Start with your gloss, then apply your stick, powder, then lipstick then gloss again.