100g tilapia fish
1 Seville orange
Half a red onion (finely chopped)
Fresh coriander leaves (finely chopped)
Salt Olive oil (optional)
1. Start by chopping the fish into small squares.
2. Add the salt, mix well and let it rest for about a minute (the salt will absorb some of the fish´s humidity).
3. Now add the lemon and orange´s juices and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
4. Remove any excess liquid, incorporate the onion and coriander and a little olive oil and serve immediately.
5. This ceviche is delicious on its own or even integrated into a tomato and sweet corn salad.
Did you know?
Ceviche is a very common dish in South America, although each country has its own style and recipe. Here we have adapted a traditional Peruvian version by marinating the fish, not only with lemon, but with orange as well to add extra zest and flavour.
With thanks to Spanish Chef Marta Yanci, founder of Dubai-based bespoke catering company Marta´s Kitchen (www. martaskitchen.com)