S*uce Boutique's annual Design a Dress competition is returning for 2014 and this year it's going pink!
Every year S*uce invite budding designers to have the opportunity to design a dress for them. Entrants of the competition will be judged by the brands team of experts and whittled down to one winning designer who will have their collection made and sold in S*uce stores across the UAE.
This year's theme is pink; a huge trend for 2014, the only rule is that the dress is inspired by the shade, everything else is up to you! Each entrant can design up to three dresses using any style, cut and fabric.
2014's winner will receieve the following fabulous prizes:
- Consultation with TWO SCOOPS (sauce’s distribution arm) to create and develop a new collection, to be sold exclusively at s*uce
- Dhs2,000 to spend on new collection samples
- Press release and sauceloves.com blog post announcing the winner and the collection at sauce
- A complementary course at the London College of Fashion in Dubai
The Design a Dress competition has seen some big winners in the past. Last year's winner Khushboo Kaplesh won judges over with her coin-inspired dress. She now has her collection on sale in UAE stores.
For your chance to become the next big thing in the UAE fashion world all you have to do is submit your entries to S*uce by 31 March 2014. For more details visit www.shopatsauce.com
Check out our Pink-spiration to get your design brains going!
Competition Terms and Conditions:
- Designers cannot be already selling collections at
- Designers can submit up to 3 dresses
- Dresses should be standard mannequin size (approx 8UK, 4US)
- Each designer must send the dresses to s*uce In the Hood which is located at Citywalk Mall (Tel: +971 4 344 1410)
- The physical Dresses submitted must be CLEARLY LABELLED WITH DESIGNER NAME, PHONE NUMBER AND DATE OF SUMBISSION
- Dresses that are not clearly labelled cannot be accepted
- Each designer must fill out the Design a Dress form (available in stores) and give it to the staff at s*uce In the Hood along with the dresses
- Each designer must send jpeg images of the dresses to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All dresses must adhere to the design brief