If you thought that constuction in Dubai was slowing down, think again! Today it was announced that construction would begin on the second tallest tower in Dubai.
"Construction of #Dubai’s second tallest tower to start in Q3. The project developed by @AziziGroup is set for completion by 2022," Dubai Media Office.
The building - the second tallest tower in Dubai, behind the Burj Khalifa, and the fifth tallest in the world - will ne built on Sheikh Zayed Road and is expected to be open in 2022.
While still unnamed, it's been confirmed that Azizi Group is behind the build, and according to Gulf News, it's expected to cost Dhs3 billion to complete.
The newspaper has also reported that it will stand 122 storeys and 570m tall, with 100 floors of residences and 22 floors of hotel at the top of the building.
The Burj Khalifa stands 828m and 163 storeys tall.
The unnamed tower will knock South Korea's 54.5m-tall Lotte World Tower out of the top five tallest buildings, coming in behind China's Ping An Finance Centre, Saudi Arabia's Abraj Al-Bait Clock Tower, China's Shanghai Tower and, of course, the Burj Khalifa.
The Current 5 Tallest Buildings In The World:
- Burj Khalifa, Dubai, United Arab Emirates at 828m and 163 floors
- Shanghai Tower, Shanghai, China at 632m and 128 floors
- Abraj Al-Bait Clock Tower, Mecca, Saudi Arabia at 601m and 120 floors
- Ping An Finance Centre, Shenzhen, China at 599m and 115 floors
- Lotte World Tower, Seoul, South Korea at 554.5m and 123 floors