The Fairmont Hotel in Dubai is looking for the perfect Santa
Is it too soon to be dreaming about Christmas? Not at the Fairmont Hotel Palm Jumeirah!
The luxury hotel has launched a global campaign to find the perfect person to fill the role of the most important person of the holiday season, none other than Santa Claus!
In exchange for an hour or two of daily Santa duties, Santa and his guest will be whisked to Dubai on an all expenses paid trip. Accomodation and meals will be provided at none other than the Fairmont!
Do you have what it takes to be the perfect Santa? Read on to find out what the job entails and how you can participate!
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring top quality and super tasty mince pies are produced within the hotel's Pastry kitchen on a daily basis
- Checking letters and wish lists from children at the resort – categorising them into the ‘naughty’ or ‘nice’ list with the upmost care and professionalism
- Examining festive trees to check they are decorated with plentiful sparkle and are kept maintained throughout the stay
- Entertaining crowds with the loudest ‘Ho, Ho Ho, Merry Christmas!’ at the resort's Christmas tree lighting ceremony
- Drinking glasses of milk and a plate of cookies every evening
- Managing a team of singing elves for the resort's festive choir, leading the tunes and tones for the perfect festive pitch
- Lifting heavy-duty dedicated Santa sack loaded with presents and gifts for resort guests
- Spontaneous ‘sand ball’ and ‘sand angel’ making on the beach
- Welcoming all to the resort with festive cheer
Skills and requirements
- Must get along and be confident with managing festive elves
- Must have a jolly disposition and spontaneously sing festive songs when he feels necessary
- Must ooze festive flair and cheerfulness
- Must be able to spread festive joy to all residents and children on a daily basis
- Must provide own red Santa suit, shoes and beard
- Must own a pair of red swimming trunks for the snow-beach
- Must have a round and rather large waistline
- Cannot be camera shy
Entry rules and deadline dates
- Upload a 30 second (max) video application to Instagram or Facebook
- Must submit application by October 31, 2017
- Must tag both #MyDubaiSanta and #FairmontThePalm in the post to be considered
- Must submit videos via a public post/account to be considered
- Those without social media accounts can use a friend or family members and use hashtags #PickMyDad #PickMyFriend
- Must be wearing Santa outfit and speaking out loud in English stating why they should win, along with stating their name, age and location
- One submission per applicant only