Taxi fares are officially increasing in Abu Dhabi, reports Khaleej Times.
The Executive Council of Abu Dhabi has introduced the changes in fares, and they are as follows:
- The meter starts at Dhs5 during the day and Dhs5.50 at night.
- The charge is Dhs1.80 for one kilometre when the car is moving and 50 fils per minute when the car is stationary.
- The charge for car reservation during the day is Dhs4 and in the evening is Dhs5.
- The morning shift is from 6am to 10pm and the night shift from 10pm to 6am.
- The minimum fare on the metre is Dh12.
Taxi fares in Abu Dhabi were last increased in May 2012, so this change comes after 5 years.
Will you still use taxis in Abu Dhabi?