Taxi Fares On The Rise
Taxi fares are officially increasing in Abu Dhabi, reports Khaleej Times.
The Executive Council of Abu Dhabi has introduced the changes in fares, and they are as follows:
- The meter starts at Dhs5 during the day and Dhs5.50 at night.
- The charge is Dhs1.80 for one kilometre when the car is moving and 50 fils per minute when the car is stationary.
- The charge for car reservation during the day is Dhs4 and in the evening is Dhs5.
- The morning shift is from 6am to 10pm and the night shift from 10pm to 6am.
- The minimum fare on the metre is Dh12.
Taxi fares in Abu Dhabi were last increased in May 2012, so this change comes after 5 years.
Will you still use taxis in Abu Dhabi?