Shereen Mitwalli Butler
The presenter taking centre stage with Hollywood stars
© ITP Images
• In 2015, I’ve expanded various parts of my business and invested a significant amount of time in creating Onstage Academy, a learning platform for public speaking, presenting and media and confidence training.
• I’ve moved into my new offices for my media and education businesses and have hand-selected my own team, as opposed to inheriting one. To be able to successfully create a fun and enriching working environment is something I consider to be a real accomplishment.
• I’m proud to have hosted and presented over 100 high-profile engagements in the last 12 months, and to have been asked to conduct live stage interviews with international stars such as Liam Neeson, Antonio Banderas, Hrithik Roshan, Brittany Hampton, Giuliana Rancic and Nicole Richie.
• I never say no to business. Regardless of the day, I do not reject an opportunity to do what I love. I undertake a lot of personal development courses, which helps me to maintain my energy levels and to stay ahead the game.
• Oprah has always been my biggest influence. I admire her for everything she has achieved. Her story is a classic example of how sheer hard work and determination is the key to success. Her philanthropy work involving the education of girls in Africa inspires me. She is using her wealth to educate children so that they are capable of supporting themselves and their families for the rest of their lives.
• In 2016, I’m planning the release of my first book, Be Heard, which is about how to be an effective communicator. Everyone wants to be heard, whether it’s in business or socially, and I believe this book could be a life-changer for those who wish to develop their skills in this area.