The fashion blogger who grew a hobby into a career documenting her lifestyle full-time
© ITP Images
• In 2015, I celebrated the one-year anniversary of my blog, Sheida Fashionista, and reached a milestone of 50,000 followers on Instagram. Amazingly, just six months later, I was at almost 300,000 followers.
• Blogging was originally a hobby and a way of documenting my fashion. Now I record my entire day and my content has expanded to include beauty, fashion and lifestyle. Interestingly, my style attracts a large following in both the US and the UK, while for the GCC the greatest focus sits with posts about make-up.
• What I do is a 24/7 job, from the minute I wake up, to the minute I lay my head on the pillow. I can’t switch off, it’s constant – it’s my life.
• Success is all about perseverance and self-belief. No one will believe in you if you don’t believe in yourself. As long as you’re passionate about what you do and are genuine, you will succeed because people appreciate authenticity.
• I absolutely admire Instagrammer Desi Perkins (@DesiPerkins) – her make-up, her style and her personality. She’s my favourite human being and so real and talented. If you’re not following her yet, you need to start!
• It’s hard to believe that when I was growing up I was a total tomboy. I would cry if my mother told me to wear a skirt or a dress