200g sieved white flour
100g caster sugar
100g unsalted butter at room temperature
One pinch of salt
2 eggs (one both white and yolk, and the second yolk only)
A little lemon zest
350/400g thick Seville bitter orange marmalade
1. Put all ingredients except the marmalade in one bowl. Mix together to obtain a thick consistency. Cover with cling film and let rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
2. Roll out and flatten the dough, keeping approximately 10% aside to make some decorative stripes.
3. In one 30 cm round baking tray, brush some butter and sprinkle a little flour to prevent it sticking.
4. Put the flattened dough in the tray and shape and cover with the marmalade.
5. Cut the remaining dough into decorative stripes. Layer in a criss-cross pattern on top of the marmalade.
6. Put in a pre-heated oven at 170c for 38 - 48 minutes dependent on your oven and bake until golden brown.
With thanks to Spanish Chef Marta Yanci, founder of Dubai-based bespoke catering company Marta´s Kitchen (www. martaskitchen.com)
INFO: Call Chef for Hire Maurizio on 050 428 2289.