If you fancy a healthy bruschetta or a hearty lasagne, Doha’s Italian restaurants aim to please. There are plenty of specialty Italian eateries to choose from and many hotels also cater to Mediterranean tastes with Italian theme nights. Here are some of the best deals happening around town:
1. Don’t miss out on savouring the special menu currently on offer at Rocca at the Grand Hyatt, specially prepared by award-winning chef Alessandro Persico, who flew to Doha to pass his culinary knowledge on to Rocca’s team. The promotion is available until this Friday, 23 August.
INFO: Rocca at Grand Hyatt, 4448 1277, www.doha.grand.hyatt.com
2. Regional cuisine stemming from across Italy, ranging from the risottos of the north to the seafood of the south, is on offer every Wednesday night at the Sharq’s Al Liwan restaurant. For QR250 per person, or QR360 including house beverages, foodies can indulge in an Italian feast.
INFO: Al Liwan, Sharq Village & Spa, 4425 6666, email@example.com, www.ritzcarlton.com/sharqvillage
3. It’s so much fun and there isn’t another place in town like it. Take a date to The Italian Job at the Radisson Blu Hotel and watch them either squirm in embarrassment or hoot with laughter as they get serenaded by the singing waiters.
INFO: The Italian Job, Radisson Blu Hotel, 4428 1555, http://www.radissonblu.com/hotel-doha/dining/evening
4. In what has to be one of the best value deals in the city, you can feast on Italian fare for QR150 per person every Saturday night at the Grand Gourmet Restaurant at the Wyndham Grand Regency Doha.
INFO: Grand Gourmet Restaurant, Wyndham Grand Regency Doha, 4434 3203, www.wyndhamgrandregency.com
5. And one for seafood lovers....Cucina at the Renaissance Doha City Center Hotel is featuring a special menu until 27 August, with fishy delights such as carpaccio of prawns, crab and prawn ravioli, and seabass and clams in white sauce, with mains from QR85.
INFO: Cucina, Renaissance Doha City Center Hotel, 4419 6100, www.westenddoha.com