The Saudi fashion TV presenter who knows what's in style in the GCC
© ITP Images
• I was delighted to start the fifth season of my show Fashion Time. I’m now presenting and producing my own show, which covers all aspects of fashion and beauty on the Rotana Khalijia channel. As a Saudi woman, I make sure I choose the right content for our GCC audience. I’ve the most amazing job, meeting new people all the time, attending Fashion Weeks and interviewing successful designers.
• In the past year, I’ve also been involved with an exciting brand collaboration for Tiffany Bow. It’s the first project I’ve done with my three year-old daughter. The shoot took longer than I’d thought as she was very shy in the beginning, but then once everyone started calling her a superstar she believed it and she shone!
• A five-point plan for good advice would be: write down your goals, focus on the priorities, don’t waste time on people who aren’t worth it, forgive and forget and, lastly, always have a plan B.
• Life’s not easy, I learn something every day and, business-wise, I’m learning every second!
• I’m a big admirer of Anna Dello Russo, who Helmut Newton once described as a “fashion maniac”. She’s worked hard to get to where she is now – she’s a style icon and a big name in the industry. I’m also a follower of fashion blogger Negin Mirsalehi – I love everything she wears!