MAKES 16 PORTIONS
¼ cup olive oil or
600g salmon fillets
1½ tsp prepared wasabi
8 filo pastry sheets
1 tbsp sesame seeds
FOR THE DIPPING SAUCE
4 green kiwifruit, peeled
½ tsp finely grated ginger
1 tsp runny honey
1 tsp sweet chilli sauce
¼ tsp salt
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Gently heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan and fry the salmon fillet for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until just cooked. Place the fillets on a chopping board and spread a little wasabi over each. Cut in finger sized strips.
2. Take 1 sheet of filo pastry (keep the remaining covered with damp absorbent paper) and brush with olive oil. Top with another sheet and cut into 3 strips.
3. Place a piece of salmon on one end of a strip of filo and roll up, tucking in the edges. Brush the end with a little more oil to seal. 4. 4. Repeat with the remaining pastry and salmon. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
5. Preheat the oven to 200C. Place the rolls – joined end down – on baking trays and bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly golden.
6. To make the dipping sauce: place all the ingredients into a food processor. Pulse until roughly blended. Pour into a bowl and serve with the hot wasabi salmon fingers.