RECIPE: Vegetable Frittata
Baby potatoes, cooked and quartered
Carrots, sliced and cooked
Green asparagus spears, blanched
1 cup grated Parmesan
A knob butter
Salt and black pepper, to taste
A few sprigs fresh dill
1. Crack the eggs into a large bowl and beat vigorously until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Add in the cooked vegetables, making sure they’re all in bite-sized pieces and fold into the eggs.
3. Add the Parmesan and some finely chopped fresh dill, and stir through.
4. In a large, fairly deep pan, melt the butter with a splash of olive oil over a medium heat.
5. Pour in the mixture, pushing the vegetables around so they settle evenly in the pan. As it starts to cook, push the mixture aside so the raw egg on top makes contact with the heat at the bottom of the pan. Lift the sides of the frittata to make sure the bottom is set and
starting to brown slightly.
6. Sprinkle over some more Parmesan and put the pan in the oven under the grill, until the egg is just set and the cheese is golden.
7. Remove from the oven. Allow to cool slightly before slicing. Garnish with fresh dill before serving.