RECIPE: Vanilla Panna Cotta with Mousse and Seasonal Fruit
This beautiful dessert is so delicious and is perfect to serve at your next dinner party. Try it with berries or add a bit of wow factor with starfruit.
FOR THE PANNA COTTA
190ml double cream
1 vanilla pod
1 gelatin sheet
FOR THE MOUSSE
Fresh berries to garnish
1. Soak the gelatin sheet in water and then strain it.
2. Cut the vanilla pod in half length-wise and extract the seeds.
3. Put the cream, milk, sugar and vanilla into a saucepan and stir on a low temperature until it gradually reaches boiling point.
4. Add the soaked gelatin, stir and return to boiling point again.
5. Sieve the mixture and put into panna cotta moulds or glasses for serving.
6. Refrigerate for at least three hours.
7. For the mousse: Beat the cream with a bit of sugar. Beat the whites of the eggs until nice and fluffy. Beat the egg yolks with the rest of the sugar and fold all the ingredients carefully in together. Refrigerate and then put into a piping bag.
8. To serve: Place the mousse on top of the panna cotta, then add berries or starfruit to the top for garnish.
If you want to learn more about Italian cuisine, the Ritz-Carlton Doha is running a series of Italian cooking classes on the last Saturday of each month at the hotel’s Porcini restaurant. Each class finishes with a three-course lunch and features cuisine from a different region of Italy. The next class on 26 October will focus on Puglia in southern Italy, famous for its seafood.
INFO: QR295 for a single class (including three course lunch), QR820 for a three class course (including three course dinner for two guests and 10 per cent saving from a la carte menu), QR1,390 for six class course (including three course dinner for four guests and 20 per cent saving from a la carte menu). 10am start, lunch served at 12pm. Ritz Carlton Doha, West Bay Lagoon, 4484 8514, email@example.com