SERVES 4 TO 6
Throw together this recipe for a meal in minutes
A handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
1 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp salt
1¼ tsp ground pepper
3 tbsp grated ParmegianoReggiano
1 tbsp unsalted butter
½ tablespoon fresh thyme
A pinch of salt
450g fresh cheese tortellini
1. Preheat the oven to 220C.
2. Peel and cut beets, carrots, and parsnips into bite sized cubes or slices. Place on a baking sheet and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in oven and roast for 30 to 40 minutes until tender when poked with a fork.
3. In a large bowl, combine parmesan cheese, butter, thyme and salt; set aside until needed.
4. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add tortellini and boil according to package directions. When cooked, strain the tortellini from the water; reserve 1 tablespoon of pasta water.
5. Add the pasta and reserved water to the
cheese and toss to coat. Gently fold in the roasted vegetables. Toss in halved cherry tomatoes. Serve.