RECIPE: Roasted Nuts
SERVES 4 AS A SNACK
1½ cups almonds
1½ cups walnuts
¼ cup sunflower seeds
¼ cup sesame seeds (can be replaced with flax seeds)
¼ tsp hot smoked paprika
2 egg whites, lightly whisked with a good pinch of sea salt
¼ tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp honey, warmed
1. Preheat the oven to 165C.
2. Mix the nuts, seeds, spices, beaten egg white and honey in a large bowl.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and roast for about 30 minutes, turning the mixture from time to time to ensure even cooking.
4. Remove the nut mixture from the parchment paper while cooling, to avoid them sticking.
5. Season with a little more sea salt if required. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Warm the honey in a pot of boiling water before adding to the mix it will make it more manageable to work with.