Recipe: Rice Pudding with Berry Puree
1 piece unwaxed lemon zest
1 vanilla pod, sliced open lengthways
150g pudding rice
For the purée
250g mixed berries, e. g. strawberries, blueberries and raspberries, chopped where necessary
1 pear, peeled, cored and diced
1 orange, juiced
1 tbsp honey
Mint, to garnish
1. Place the milk, cream, sugar, lemon zest and the vanilla pod in a pot.
2. Bring to the boil and add the rice.
3. Cover with a lid and cook for around 25 minutes on a medium-low heat.
4. Stir occasionally and if necessary add a little more milk.
5. Mix together the berries and the pear and set 4 tablespoons aside to garnish.
6. Place the rest in a pot along with the orange juice and the honey and bring to the boil.
7. Purée the mixture, sieve and leave to cool.
8. Remove the vanilla pod and the lemon zest from the rice pudding and allow to cool, stirring occasionally.
9. To serve, layer the rice pudding and the purée in glasses and garnish with fruit and mint.