Recipe: Potato Bread with Cheese, Figs and Rocket
MAKES 6 SANDWICHES
300g flour, plus extra for dusting
20g fresh yeast
100g floury, precooked potatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp mixed herbs – rosemary, thyme, and oregano, chopped
250g Camembert, thinly sliced
6 ripe figs, sliced
1. To make the dough, mix the flour with a pinch of salt and create a well in the middle.
2. Crumble the yeast into the well and stir in 50ml of warm water.
3. Dust with a little flour, then cover and leave to rise in a warm place for around 15 minutes.
4. Mash the potatoes and add to the dough along with the oil and 100mls of warm water.
5. Knead into a smooth dough, then cover and leave to rise for another 45 minutes.
6. Heat the oven to 200C and line a baking tin with baking parchment.
7. Roll out the dough on a floured work surface to fit the baking tin.
8. Place the dough into the prepared tin and pierce with a fork a few time
9. Season with salt, ground black pepper and herbs and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
10. Remove the bread from the oven and allow to cool.
11. Cut like a cake and then slice horizontally.
12. Top one half with rocket, figs and cheese.
13. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and ground black pepper and place the other half on top to serve.