RECIPE: Poached Salmon with Tzatziki Sauce and Artichoke Medley
180g salmon fillet
1 lemon, halved
3 sprigs fresh thyme
3 sprigs fresh dill
3 black peppercorns
2 bay leaves
FOR THE TZATZIKI SAUCE
6g cucumber, peeled, seeded
2g red onion, minced
½ tsp fresh dill,
Zest of ¼ lemon
1. Put the water, lemon, thyme, dill, peppercorns and bay leaves in a stock pot. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and add the salmon. Gently poach the salmon until cooked – about 8 to 10 minutes.
2. To make the tzatziki sauce: whisk together the yoghurt, cucumbers, red onion, dill and lemon zest.
ARTICHOKE HEART MEDLEY
280g white mushrooms
80g celery, 1cm cut on the bias
200g artichoke hearts, quartered
150g red pepper, diced
8g basil leaves, finely sliced
28ml olive oil
1. Add the olive oil to a sauté pan and heat until it begins to smoke. Add the mushrooms and toss until coated in the olive oil.
2. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes and add the celery, and red pepper. Stir and cook for another 2 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and add the sundried tomatoes, basil and salt, and mix well.