2½ cups canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
¹/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
¼ cup tahini
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 to 2 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp cayenne pepper
A pinch freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp salt
¹/3 cup water
6 cereal buns
Rocket leaves, to garnish
1. Poach the eggs and set aside.
2. Put half the lemon juice and all the ingredients into a blender except the chickpeas and blend for 5 seconds.
3. Add the chickpeas and blend on high to a thick, grainy consistency – about 15 seconds.
4. Blend in the remaining lemon juice to taste. If the dip is too thick but you don’t want to add more lemon juice, add a little water slowly and blend until it reaches the correct consistency.
5. Spread the chickpea dip on the cereals buns, add some diced tomatoes and top with poached eggs. Garnish with rocket leaves.