Recipe: Mini Sausage Rolls with Peppers and Caramelised Onions
12 mini sausages or 6 regular sausages cut into half
12 soft mini buns
1 brown onion, thinly sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
1 jar roasted peppers
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Drizzle the olive oil in a large frying pan set over a medium-low heat. Add the onions and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes, stirring intermittently, so that the onions are soft and slightly golden with crispy edges.
- About 5 minutes before the onions are completely done, add the roasted peppers to the pan. Continue to cook and stir until they start to cook around the edges. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the mixture using a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess oil.
- Heat your grill to a medium heat. Place the sausages on your grill rack. Grill each side for about 2 to 3 minutes, until golden and you achieve a few char marks.
- Lightly toast your bread rolls.
- Place the sausages inside each bun and top with the caramelised onion and roasted pepper mixture.