Recipe: Melting Moments
225g unsalted butter, at room temperature
50g icing sugar
½tsp vanilla extract
225g plain flour l 50g cornflour
For the filling
75g unsalted butter, at room temperature
150g icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp strawberry jam (or flavour of your choice)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Whisk together the butter and icing sugar until pale.
- Add the vanilla extract, plain flour and cornflour, and whisk slowly to combine.
- Roll 1 teaspoon of the mixture quickly in your hands and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Continue to create around 28 balls. Use a fork to flatten each biscuit slightly, leaving fork marks.
- Bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until pale golden.
- Cool on the tray for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the filling, whisk together the butter, sugar and vanilla extract until pale and fluffy.
- Spoon a little of the mixture on to half the biscuits, add a little jam, and sandwich together with the remaining biscuits.