Recipe: Lamb Kebabs with Crispy Potatoes
A super-healthy, tasty meal
LAMB KEBABS WITH CRISPY POTATOES
A grilled dish that is super-healthy, with the use of minimum oil
12 fresh rosemary sprigs
600g lamb leg steaks, cut into 2cm chunks
The juice and finely grated zest of 1 lemon
1 tbsp honey
½ tsp sumac
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
3 small red onions, cut into 2cm chunks
1 red pepper, cut into 2cm chunks
1 green pepper, cut into 2cm chunks
1 yellow pepper, cut into 2cm chunks
4 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
Lurpak Cooking Mist
Lemon wedges, to serve
1. Remove the leaves from the rosemary sprigs, reserving 2 tablespoons of the leaves.
2. Soak the rosemary skewers in cold water for 30 minutes. Finely chop the reserved leaves.
3. Place the cubed lamb steaksin a non-metallic dish slightly sprayed with Lurpak cooking mist.
4. In a bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, zest, honey, garlic, and sumac. Season with salt and pepper, and then pour over the lamb, stirring to coat.
5. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, steam the sliced potatoes until tender.
7. After the marinating time, thread the lamb cubes and vegetables randomly onto the skewers.
8. Preheat a grill plate to medium-high and spray with the Lurpak cooking mist.
9. Add the sliced potatoes and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until golden.
10. Re-spray the Lurpak cooking mist as necessary, during cooking.
11. Season with salt and pepper, remove from the grill plate, set aside and keep warm.
12. Spray the grill plate with Lurpak cooking mist and add the skewered kebabs.
13. Cook, turning frequently and re-spraying the Lurpak Cooking Mist, for 4 to 5 minutes or until cooked through and golden.
14. Serve the kebabs with the crispy potato slices, garnished with lemon wedges.