GRIDDLED AUBERGINE SALAD WITH POMEGRANATE AND PARSLEY DRESSING
A beautiful smoky salad to satisfy the palate
2 tbsp Lurpak cooking liquid
2 aubergines, thinly sliced lengthways
6 baby artichokes, cut in half and chokes removed, or a 400g tin of artichoke hearts, drained and halved
Seeds from 1 pomegranate
100g feta cheese, crumbled
2 tbsp pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 small bunch fresh mint, roughly chopped
1 small bunch fresh parsley, roughly chopped
FOR THE DRESSING
1 tsp cumin seeds, toasted
1 tbsp pomegranate molasses or balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
The juice of one lemon
1. Begin by making the dressing. In a bowl, combine the cumin seeds, pomegranate molasses or balsamic vinegar, olive oil and lemon. Season with salt and black pepper and set aside.
2. Heat a grill plate or large frying pan, brush the aubergines with 1 tablespoon of the Lurpak cooking liquid and cook in batches for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until golden. If the aubergine dries out, brush with more Lurpak cooking liquid.
3. Once cooked, remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
4. If using fresh artichokes, brush with the remaining Lurpak cooking liquid and cook for 10 minutes, turning frequently, until the artichokes are charred and tender. Remove and set aside.
5. Lay the aubergine on a large serving dish and scatter over the artichokes, pomegranate seeds, feta cheese and pistachio nuts.
6. Season the salad with salt and black pepper, drizzle with dressing and top with the herbs before serving.