Healthy Recipe: Chicken Biryani
Claypot’s Executive Chef Robin Gomes shows you how to make the savory sensation Chicken Biryani
2 cups Basmati Rice
1 whole cut into pieces Chicken
1/3 Cup Milk
1/3 Cup Yogurt
3 sliced Onions
½ tsp Ginger paste
½ tsp Garlic paste
½ tsp Green chili paste
½ Cup Tomato puree
1 tsp Red chili powder
½ tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp roasted Cumin powder
½ tsp Garam masala powder
A pinch Saffron 1 tsp Coriander powder 2 tsp Coriander leaves Salt To taste 7 tbsp Oil
1. Mix tomato puree, yogurt, ginger, garlic paste, green chili paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, roasted cumin powder, garam masala and salt. Stir well
2. Marinate the chicken with this mixture and keep aside for 3-4 hours
3. Heat oil in a pan. Fry onions till golden brown.
4. Add the marinated chicken and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Pour four cups of water to the rice. Mix saffron in milk and add to it.
6. Sprinkle cardamom powder and add in the chicken pieces to the rice
7. Pressure-cook the rice mixture and mix gently.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
INFO: Claypot, Citymax Hotel Bur Dubai, 04 407 8000