2 medium-small firm bananas, peeled
½ tbsp butter
3 tbsp light brown sugar
¼ cup orange juice
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1 large jalapeno pepper, cut into thin slices
8 thin slices of cheese
2 slices of thick-sliced bread
1. Cut the bananas in half lengthwise.
2. Melt the butter in a non-stick frying pan set over a medium-high heat.
3. Add the brown sugar and lay the banana slices on top, cut side up.
4. Cook undisturbed for 20 seconds, then add the orange juice and cinnamon.
5. Cook for 10 seconds, then turn bananas carefully and cook for 45 to 60 seconds more, basting with the pan sauce. Remove from the pan and set aside.
6. Butter your bread slices.
7. Layer the cheese, jalapeno slices and fried bananas on top and serve.