MAKES 16 TO 20
FOR THE FILLING
250g cream cheese
1 to 2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp vanilla sugar
2 tbsp sugar
100ml cream, whipped
Icing sugar, for dusting
1. Place the milk, butter and a pinch of salt in a small pot and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and add the flour all at once. Stir in well and return to the heat. Stir well until the pastry comes away from the bottom of the pan and a white film forms.
2. Transfer to a bowl, leave to cool and then add the eggs one by one. Mix well to make a smooth, pliable pastry and then transfer to a piping bag with a star-shaped nozzle.
3. Heat the oven to 200C, and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
4. Pipe walnut-sized blobs of the pastry onto the prepared baking tray and bake for around 15 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the tray and cut each one in half. Allow to cool with the lids still on.
5. To make the filling, mash 2 tbsp blueberries with a fork and mix with the cream cheese, lemon juice, vanilla sugar and the sugar until creamy. Fold in the whipped cream.
6. Spread or pipe the cream onto one half of each profiterole and top with the remaining berries.
7. Place the lids on top and serve dusted with icing sugar.