Ramadan Recipes: Pakistan
Grill or barbecue these spiced lamb kebabs to slightly charred perfection and serve with sides of naan, salad and lashings of hot, red spicy chutney.
• 500g lamb mince
• ¾ tsp garam masala
• 1 tsp garlic paste
• 1 tsp ginger paste
• 1 tsp green chilli paste
• 2 onions
• 2 tsp thyme
• 1 tsp black pepper
• ½ tsp nutmeg
• 1 tsp salt
• 2 tbsp heavy cream
1. Add all the ingredients to the mince and knead well.
2. Transfer to a bowl, cover with cling film and chill in the fridge for one hour.
3. Preheat your grill to a medium-high setting.
4. Take a ball of the mince mixture and mould it around the skewers, going from the middle and squeezing up and down the skewer until you have long kebabs.
5. Repeat with the remaining mince mixture.
6. Grill until cooked and brown on the outside.