Ramadan 2018 Iftar Recipes: Luqaimat
After you have broken your fast, treat yourself to this sweet treat. Spinneys' luqaimat - crunchy sweet dumplings - are best enjoyed with a few dates and a tea or coffee. They are always one of the most popular sweets of the Holy Month, so get cooking!
Makes 4 servings
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
340g all-purpose flour
170g milk powder
1tsp instant yeast
1tsp corn starch
Pinch of salt
240ml warm water
Sunflower oil, for frying
10ml date syrup
Sesame seeds, to serve
1. Mix the flour, milk powder, instant yeast, corn starch, and salt in a large bowl.
2. Gradually add the warm water to the dry mixture.
3. Mix until the batter is well incorporated.
4. Preheat the oil and, using a spoon, drop the batter into the oil and fry until the luqaimat are golden.
5. Drain, then drizzle with date syrup, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve while still hot.