Everyone loves halloumi cheese, so try Awani Levantine Cuisine's nutty twist on the halloumi stick for your next iftar feast this Ramadan...
Makes 2 servings
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
10 slices of halloumi cheese
1 cup of plain white flour
1 tsp white pepper
250g of peeled and sliced almonds
Sunflower oil for frying
1. Cut the halloumi cheese into slices.
2. Mix the eggs and the white pepper in a bowl.
3. Put the flour in a deep plate and cover the halloumi slices with it.
4. Dip the halloumi slices in the eggs and white pepper bowl then cover with the sliced almonds.
5. Heat the frying oil using a fryer.
6. Fry the halloumi slices until they becomes crispy and gold in color.
7. Serve with salad.