SERVES 3 to 4
½ cup quinoa
1 bunch parsley, finely chopped (discard thick stems)
A handful of mint leaves, chopped
2 tomatoes, diced
2 spring onions, finely sliced
1 lemon, zest and juice
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Rinse the quinoa in a fine sieve with warm water.
2. Place the rinsed quinoa in a pan with a cup of salted water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until cooked through. Turn off the heat and leave to stand for 5 minutes until the remaining water has evaporated.
3. Mix about a cup of the cooked quinoa with the rest of the ingredients.
4. Make a dressing using 2 parts olive oil and 1 part lemon juice.
5. Toss the dressing through the salad and add salt and pepper to taste.