Pumpkin Soup with Sautéed Seasonal Mushroom
200g pumpkin, 1cm cubes
30g onion, chopped
5g garlic, chopped
20ml extra-virgin olive oil
50g seasonal mushroom
20g Amaretti biscuit
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Gently cook the garlic and onion in olive oil.
2. Cook the pumpkin with a little bit of water and season with salt and black pepper.
3. Set aside some of the cooked pumpkin cubes. These will be added to the soup before serving.
4. Blend the rest of the pumpkin until smooth.
5. Cut the mushrooms into cubes and sauté with olive oil, garlic and thyme
6. Add the pumpkin cubes to the soup, place the mushrooms on top and garnish with thyme, olive oil and crumbled Amaretti.
INFO: Giannino, Meydan Beach Club, www.meydanbeach.com.