Pumpkin Gnocchi with Crisp Sage, Brown Butter and Goat's Cheese
150g pumpkin puree
2 tbsp thyme
1 garlic clove
50g shallots, sliced
10 sage leaves
Salt and pepper, to taste
Lemon juice, to taste
A handful of toasted pumpkin seeds
Parmesan cheese, to taste
40g goat’s feta
1. Boil pumpkin until soft then purée.
2. Boil potatoes until soft then mash.
3. Fold the pumpkin and potato mash together, add flour, thyme, garlic and seasoning.
4. Make the gnocchi by working the dough then roll it into a tube and cut into small pieces.
5. Boil a large pot of water and drop in the gnocchi.
6. At the same time, melt butter in a frying pan and add the sage leaves.
7. Once the gnocchi is ready, toss through the butter and cook until it’s browned to your liking.
8. Season with salt and pepper, deglaze the pan with lemon juice and set aside on a plate.
9. Bake the goat’s feta until melting and place on top of the gnocchi. Garnish with the crisp sage leaves and toasted pumpkin seeds.