Paria Ghorashi Rafi
The brains behind Blowout & Go, the at-home beauty service
© ITP Images
• After the birth of my daughter, trying to balance both mummy duties and work proved to be no easy task. Women can’t do it all on their own, and I wanted to create a company that helps them feel confident and look great, no matter the challenge. That is how the idea of Blowout & Go came about. Launched last year, Blowout & Go is the pioneer in providing at-home hair and make-up services for women.
• Blowout & Go also teamed up with the Dubai-based Autism Trust Foundation last year, to help the charity in its aim to create a society that wholeheartedly accepts and welcomes those with autism. The funds raised for the Autism Trust Foundation enabled the charity to continue providing one-on-one Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA) therapy sessions for children and their families dealing with autism.
• My partner, mentor, best friend and husband, Ali Rafi, was the first person I turned to with my ideas. His support and our teamwork is our secret to success.
• As CEO and founder, I work closely with all departments. I’m a very hands-on person and have played almost every role in this business, from driver to stylist to operator. These experiences have proved fundamental to understanding what each department of my operation needs and how it can improve. I have even been to clients’ appointments to hear what they have to say, without mentioning I own the company.
• This year, we’re expanding further into the GCC and Europe. We can’t wait to take our glam team international!