New smart radars coming to Dubai roads
The Dubai Police has launched a new traffic monitoring device, called the smart controller.
Designed to be more accurate than conventional radars, the smart controller has nine additional features to monitor and control traffic, reports Khaleej Times:
- Increased accuracy
- Can be controlled via smartphone application
- Can monitor roads and traffic
- Can catch reckless drivers
- Records more violations than radars
- Can send data straight to the command and control centre
- Can alert motorists by alarms and warnings
- Can be installed and shifted easily
- Can warn pedestrians from crossing the highway from non-designated areas
Major-General Abdullah Khalifa Al Marri, Commander-in-Chief of the Dubai Police, said that the new device has been introduced to keep pace with the smart transformation in various areas of police work and enhance the use of modern innovations to achieve the strategic objectives of the Dubai Police. He pointed out that a technical team of the Dubai Police has been assigned to implement the new radar system, which will boost external roads' control and bring about road security.