Expanding business & building luxury brands across the region
© ITP Images
• I’ve set up my own offices in Dubai Design District, which has helped create a strong business presence and enhanced the credibility of my fashion, cosmetics and lifestyle branding consultancy across the GCC. In addition, my presence at both Paris Fashion Week and New York Fashion Week has resulted in my bringing on board additional international brands wanting to make their way in Dubai.
• I am deeply honoured to have been selected as curator of a new pop-up lifestyle and fashion event, Market Outside the Box, with Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment, which is an agency of the Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing.
• I’ve developed a mentorship programme to share knowledge and have been working with both LalaQueen – a lifestyle label specialising in bespoke leather handbags –and Lebanese designer, Mira Hayek.
• “Never forget to ask” is excellent advice, as often, if you don’t ask you don’t get; don’t make the assumption that people know what assistance or support you need from them.
• When you run your own business, it’s no longer a nine-to-five job. My business is an extension of who I am. It’s not just doing a job… it’s about being there, always.
• I will continue to grow NK Luxury Consultancy over the coming year, and I’m looking forward to working on projects similar to the ones I did for Ritz-Carlton, Tiffany, De Grisogono, The Swedish Council, Market Outside The Box and Dubai Government.
• I’m very proud to say that my husband is leaving the corporate world to join me and add value to the business. It’s very exciting that my life partner is now also becoming my business partner!