Game Of Thrones fans around the world were mortified when Jon Snow was unexpectedly killed off in the shocking season five finale recently. But new proof has emerged that actor Kit Harington is in fact returning to the series in its sixth season.
So what do we know? Well, to start off, Kit was spotted landing in Belfast on Monday night alongside Tom Wlaschiha, who plays the mysterious Jaqen H’ghar. Also in Belfast at the moment? The entire Game Of Thrones cast who have begun their script read-through for the next season. Fans managed to snap a picture of him at the airport (which was posted on Watchers on the Wall’s Twitter account), but claim he didn’t pose with any fans, telling them he “wasn’t allowed”. If that’s not a sign, then we don’t know what is!
Kit also sparked rumours of his return to the show after he was spotted at Wimbledon earlier this month sporting the Lord Commander’s signature hairstyle.
But Kit has done everything in his power to squash rumours of his character’s comeback in media interviews. He recently told Entertainment Weekly: “I had a sit-down with Dan and David, we did the Tony Soprano walk [letting an actor know they’re being axed]. And they said, “Look, you’re gone, it’s done. I don’t know where [the rumours] came from, but it was inaccurate in many ways. It’s going to put questions into your head and into fans’ heads that things are not what they are. Quite honestly, I have never been told the future of things in this show, but this is the one time I have. They sat me down and said, ‘This is how it is.’ I’ve been told I’m dead. I’m dead. I’m not coming back next season. So that’s all I can tell you, really.”
Somehow we don’t believe him. Bring on season six!
Check out Kit arriving in Belfast below...