Markus Schulz is back to headline Zero Gravity’s One Big Friday festival this Friday May 13. After a sellout gig at the beach club one year ago, the German powerhouse DJ is expected to draw more than 6,000 people to the full day event, which also features Wankelmut and Chicane.
Markus has floored audiences at the world’s biggest music festivals, including Transmission, Creamfields, Global Gathering, EDC, Ultra and Tomorrowland, and polled four consecutive years inside DJ Mag’s world top 10. He’s an IDMA Best American DJ winner, a two-time holder of DJ Times’ America’s Best DJ crown, and has just released his first album, Watch The World.
As Markus heads to Dubai, Ahlan! asks him the important questions, like how he likes his steak and whether he’s prefer to watch Miley twerk or sing…
INFO: One Big Friday takes place at Zero Gravity this Friday, May 13. Entry is free before 6pm and AED 150 thereafter. Tickets at www.platinumlist.net
1. Who has better curves Kim Kardashian or Khloé Kardashian? - Kim
2. Who’s more talented Taylor Swift or Beyonce? - Beyonce
3. Armani or Versace? - Armani
4. Calvin Harris or Zedd? - Calvin Harris
5. Matt Damon or Leo DiCaprio? - Matt Damon, but they’re both great
6. PS4 or Xbox One? - Xbox One
7. Who is the best rapper Jay Z or Kanye West? - Jay Z
8. Gwyneth Paltrow or Chris Martin? - Chris Martin, I’m a big Coldplay fan
9. Would you rather see Miley Cyrus twerking or hear Miley Cyrus singing? - Twerking
10. Would you rather party in Dubai or Abu Dhabi? - Dubai
11. X Factor or American Idol? - Idol, it certainly lasted longer in the US
12. Would you rather ride in a limo or catch a cab or ride the subway? - Cab, I’m not hugely high maintenance, and it is peaceful enough to get into the right mindset before performing
13. Where would you want to retire? - At a special venue or location that could hold all my friends. Could choose many, but I guess being a Miami native would point towards one final night at my spiritual home of Club Space.
14. Gold, silver or platinum? - Platinum
15. Do you like vegetarians? - Of course, no problem with them at all
16. What is your nickname? - Unicorn slayer
17. Do you believe in UFOs? - No
18. Who is the last person you went to dinner with? - My tour crew and staff on the road with me in Washington DC
19. Has your world ever been rocked? - Lots of times
20. Favourite magazine in the UAE? - Since you kindly interviewed me, I’ll say Ahlan!
21. Are you in love? - The answer is in my new Watch the World album
22. Favourite colour? - Black
23. How do you like your steak? - Medium
24. Team Jolie or Team Aniston? - Team Aniston
25. David Beckham in his underwear or Cee-Lo Green in Speedos? - Beckham, sure why not
26. Coffee or tea? - Coffee
27. Blondes or Brunettes? - Both!
28. McDonalds or Burger King? - Burger King
29. North West or Blue Ivy? - Blue Ivy
30. Committed relationship or player for life? - A player at heart but moving in the other direction
31. Morning or night? - Night
32. Is Kanye a genius or a massive idiot? - Both
33. Worst celeb you’ve met? - Christopher Walken
34. Best celeb you’ve met? - Jay Pharoah
35. What superpower do you want? - Invisibility, so I can spy
36. Worst job you’ve ever had? - My early DJ career playing in the top 40 clubs, I got burnt out
37. Team Jen or Team Ange? - You guys must love them, asking twice! Jen
38. Dubai or Vegas? - Vegas, but only because I’ve been there so many more times
39. Last time you laughed out loud? - Watching Smokey and the Bandit again recently
40. How do you want to be remembered? - As someone who was privileged to be able to connect with so many incredibly wonderful and passionate people through the medium of music, made melodies and wrote words that changed peoples’ lives, and paid tribute to the art of DJing with dignity and grace.