Marinated Chargrilled Courgettes, Primo Sale Cheese, Fried Courgette Flower with Grape Dressing
2 large zucchinis
4 courgette flowers
350g primo sale cheese
Extra-virgin olive oil
Basil leaves, to garnish
Sapa dressing (also known as vincotto)
FOR THE BATTER DOUGH
250g plain flour
125ml cold water
1 large egg yolk
FOR THE COURGETTE FILLING
250g ricotta cheese
1 lemon zest, grated
80g Parmesan cheese
1 egg yolk
1. To make the batter: mix the yeast with the cold water.
2. In a separate bowl, add the flour with the egg yolk. Add the water and yeast and mix with the flour until the mixture is smooth. Leave the dough in the fridge for 12 hours.
3. Preheat the grill. Cut the zucchini lengthways into slices about 10mm thick. Season the slices with salt and allow to rest for 2 to 3 hours.
4. Grill the slices, turning them over to cook the other side as soon as they start to mark.
5. To make the courgette filling: mix all the ingredients together until smooth and homogeneous texture is achieved. Fill the courgette flowers with the ricotta mixture using a piping bag. Dip the flowers in the batter dough and deep fry in oil.
6. Place the courgettes on a serving plate and slice primo sale cheese sideways opposite the courgette flowers.
7. Dress with sapa (or vincotto) and olive oil and garnish with fresh basil leaves.