Man Sues Qatar Airways after poisonous Spider Bite
After getting bitten by a venomous spider on a flight from Doha to South Africa, a British man has sued Qatar Airways.
The 40 year old stated, “I was struggling to get comfortable during the journey and crossed my legs to get in to a better position when I felt a small, sharp pain. I turned on the light and clearly saw a spider running across the floor before hearing two stewardesses screaming ‘spider’ but I wasn’t sure if I had been bitten as it wasn’t very painful”.
The holidaymaker was bit by a poisonous recluse spider and the incident was followed by his leg becoming swollen and 'burst open'. He had to go under three operations in South Africa and a skin graft and is still recieving medical attention.
He has launched legal action as they refused to accept responsibility. He commented “they have made no attempt to resolve the issue and have basically said it was nothing to do with them.”