Man Almost has Near-Death Experience on a Flight from Qatar
On a flight from Qatar to South Africa, Jonathon Hogg almost died after he was bitten by a spider. The holidaymaker was bit by a poisonous recluse spider and the incident was followed by his leg becoming swollen and ‘burst open’.
The victim commented, “The pain was like nothing I’ve been through in my life. By the time I got to hospital, my leg was bursting open, there was pus, it was black. They told me if I had been any later I would have lost my leg or even died. It was terrifying.” He had to go under three operations in South Africa and a skin graft and is still receiving medical attention.
The 40-year-old noticed a pain in his leg, six hours in to a flight from Doha to Cope Town. “I turned on the light and clearly saw a spider running across the floor before hearing two stewardesses screaming ‘spider’ but I wasn’t sure if I had been bitten as it really wasn’t very painful”.